Weddings are steeped in conventions but this is your day so this is only a guide for you to choose how you want things done and which pieces of tradition you wish to adhere to.
Whilst her main duty is to be beautiful and adored on the day, there are several things where she holds sway prior. Firstly choosing the venue for the wedding service, traditionally where her family home is. Secondly secretly choosing her dress and those of the bridesmaid. This also reflects on a chosen colour scheme for the wedding.
On the day you will be the host. But before the wedding day, the groom must organise the transport for the day, book and pay for honeymoon and hire the church. On the day itself, the groom must reply to his Father-in-Laws speech, thanking the Bride’s parents and guests and propose a toast to the bridesmaids and to your beautiful wife!
The Best Man
A great honour, but not without its traditional price. The best man is responsible for getting the groom to the church on time. He is also responsible for all the suits and rings and acting as a witness when signing the register.. The Best Mans infamous speech is delivered in response to the toast proposed by the groom followed by the reading of cards.
The Chief Bridesmaid
She is the Brides main confidant and support during the day. On the day she must organise the junio entourage, arrange the bridal gown and flowers before the Bride enters the ceremony.
Ushers greet the guests as they arrive for the ceremony, give out the orders of service and escort guests to their seats.
The Bride's Parents
The cost of the weddings is now genrally shared between both sets of parents. The Father of the Bride must give his daughter away and be the first speech of the day. The mothers roll is to be the “proud mother”.
Wedding Check List
We have created a simple check list to follow so there will be nothing forgotten on the day.
- Wedding Check List
- Book The Livermead House as your reception location
- Discuss with our Wedding Planner evening entertainment and menus
- Book honeymoon – make arrangement for the first night
- Compile guest list with both families
- Choose bridesmaid, best man, ushers and page boys
- Shop for dresses and accessories
- Decide on men’s outfits and arrange hire (if necessary)
- Book a photographer/video company
- Book wedding day transport
- Order wedding cake
- Make wedding gift list
- Order stationary (invitations, service sheets, matches etc)
- Visit clergyman again (banners, music flowers, confetti, fees, bell ringing etc)
- Confirm food and reception details
- Choose wedding rings
- Organise floral arrangements
- Buy gifts for bridesmaids, best man and page boy
- Post wedding invitations & gift list
- Record acceptances and refusals
- Discuss with The Livermead House final numbers and seating plan
- Organise dress and suit fittings
- Practice wedding make up
- Full rehearsal of wedding (time journey to church)
- Finalise honeymoon arrangements
- Arrange final payment at the hotel
- Enjoy your hen/stag night – at least a couple of days before the wedding!